An incident is a data quality issue captured by a Validator. The Incidents page allows you to review, triage, and troubleshoot data quality issues.
When an Incident occurs a Notification is sent, depending on the notification settings.
The Incidents page aggregates all incidents from all Sources. This page allows you to:
- Assign ownership and update the status of incidents during the triage process.
- Sort and filter incidents based on various criteria such as owner, status, and type, helping you monitor the progress of Incident resolution.
- Access detailed information for any incident by clicking on it, which takes you to its Incident details page.
In addition to the Incidents page, it is also possible to overview, triage and troubleshoot Incidents from other pages, such as:
- Incident detail - View and manage a specific Incident.
- Sources - Overview all Incidents for all Sources.
- Validators - Overview all Incidents for a specific Source.
- Validator details - Overview all Incidents for a specific Validator.
We recommend the following approach to triage and troubleshoot an incident:
Assign an Owner and a Status to the Incident, as described on the Incidents page. Make sure to continuously update Owner and Status, according to your ways of working, throughout the whole triaging and troubleshooting process.
When troubleshooting an Incident, it is very helpful to visit:
- The Debug tab for detailed information about underlying data assets and logic.
- The Lineage tab for understanding which assets are related to, and dependent on, the data where the Incident occurred.
- The Validator details page page, to get more contextual information about the Incident, such as information about Threshold types, Segmentations and viewing the behavior of adjacent datapoints in the graph.
Updated 6 days ago